C&C Supplies is a family owned and run independent business. We are proud to trace our roots back to 1850, when Jonathan Collinson founded the company on the present site in Nateby. Trading initially as brick makers, wheelwrights, decorators and sign writers; in time, this developed into building contracting and the company eventually employed around 120 people at the time of the Depression in the 1920’s.
Fast-forward to 1945 when Jonathan’s grandson, Jim, started an agricultural lime-spreading service and his brother Mel came on board, the business flourished and J&M Collinson Haulage Contractors was born.
We pride ourselves on responding to our customers needs now, and it was no different then. Realising there was a growing need for building materials in the region; the brothers began the Merchant side of the company, naming it C&C Supplies (Collinson) Ltd. The two businesses continued to grow throughout the decades, and in 1981 the Homecare Centre; with kitchen, bathroom and bedroom showrooms, was added.
Moving on to 1994, and Jim’s sons, David and Ian took charge of the company. The brothers, helped by a committed team of staff, many of whom are long serving and second generation employees, continue to work hard to ensure the company flourishes in the present day, never losing sight of the importance of providing excellent service at competitive prices.